Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

A few green things in honor of St. Patrick's Day...

A necklace I made for my etsy shop, but ended up keeping for myself.
















My first "real" finished knitting project.



My husband Jack and our dog Annabelle on a green lawn...a stretch I know.
It can be hard to get everyone to smile in group pictures.


I am so excited to have finished my first knitted dishcloth! I learned to purl, purl 3 together, and yarn on. The website, www.knittinghelp.com was so very helpful to me! I've also had a few friends help me along the way. I have been addicted to the knitting and crochet community www.ravelry.com, - it's where I found the free pattern for the dishcloth. It's called Little Shells Dishcloth #019.

I did goof up along the way by somehow switching the "right" side with the "wrong" side. I tried to repeat this at the end to create a similar border and make it look symmetrical. I'm constantly learning from mistakes.



Here is the dishcloth in it's natural habitat. Shhhhh, be careful not to disturb it......


In a pizza dough update, we finally got away from calzones and made actual pizza with my home made dough. What a breakthrough! I discovered that spreading the dough to a circular shape is more challenging than I expected. I don't know who first introduced the term rustic to food, but I owe them a big "Thank you!" We used canned pizza sauce, broccoli and mushrooms on my side and sausage and mushrooms on Jack's side. Broccoli on pizza is one of my favorite things!
















I just may make another double batch of dough today. I love that it can be left in the fridge overnight, or frozen for up to a month. I have been trying to get better at meal planning and so far, pizza dough has been very motivating. Those carbs get me every time! The recipe can be found in a previous post and here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what? No artichoke hearts?

joeyandaleethea said...

Oh how fun! I've been a wanna-be crocheter and knitter for some time now. I've got the books, the websites, and the tools...now all I need is the courage to stitch!

Cute dog, cute hubby, cute pizza!! Off to ravelry.com!